Maxi Sky 440 - The ultra-light portable ceiling lift system
The ultra-light Maxi Sky 440® is an easy-to-operate portable ceiling lift system that allows a single caregiver to perform transfers using a handset control, without stress or strain, and with no manual lifting.
As it is easy to move around and quick to attach to a gantry or track, this portable system can be rapidly set up wherever patient handling is required. Maxi Sky 440 is the ideal choice for healthcare facilities where flexibility is a high priority.
Features & Benefits
The controls are easily accessible on the handheld control unit and the front of the lift cassette. The electronic soft-start and soft-stop makes it easy for the caregiver to ensure the lift can always be stopped smoothly and safely in exactly the right position.
Features such as a brake, manual lowering system and stopping device safeguard the resident/patient in the event of an emergency. A power limiter prevents lift use when the battery is low.
Changing the battery in the lift cassette is easy and requires only a screwdriver. A red light on the lift cassette alerts the caregiver when servicing is required. The modular design means replacement components can be simply snapped into place.
Full range of slings
A complete range of loop slings is available for use on the two-point spreader bar. The wide-set sling hooks make transfers more comfortable for the resident/patient. An additional strap, known as the Tarzan hook, allows smooth and easy transfers between track systems or rooms.
The tight radius of the curved track sections enables layouts with superior space utilization. The track sections fit together using a unique pin-locking system, and once in place, the seamless joints provide a smooth ride for the resident/patient during lateral transfers.
The Maxi Sky 440 system offers a wide range of possible configurations and functions. The following list covers some of the most important features. For a full presentation of the Maxi Sky 440 system, please contact your local ArjoHuntleigh representative.
- Safe working load: 440 lbs (200 kg)
- Electronic soft-start and soft-stop
- Emergency lowering device
- Emergency stopping device
- Emergency brake
- Low battery indicator LED indicator for maintenance required
- Battery charging indicator
- Pass through system to swing from room to room
- Overload circuit protection
- Strap length up to 88" (2.2 m)
- Height from floor to ceiling 82"-118" (2.1 m-3 m)
- Flexible track system comprising straight track, curves and connection features allows single track or room covering configurations to be created
- Straight section - track height 3 1/2" (90 mm), available in 78" and 118" (2 m and 3 m) lengths
- Straight section - track height 5 1/2" (140 mm), available in 177" (4.5 m) lengths
- Straight section - track height 7" (180 mm), available in 236" (6 m) lengths
- Curve sections - available in 45° and 90°
Measurements and weights
|Lifting capacity||440 lbs (200 kg)|
|Unit weight (batteries included)||14 lbs (6.35 kg)|
|LED indicator for maintenance required|
|Electronic microprocessor soft-start and soft-stop motor control|
|Manual emergency lowering device (located on the motor cab)|
|Electrical up and down emergency buttons|
|Emergency stopping device (push button) accessible below unit|
|Low battery indicator (audible and visual LED)|
|Charging indicators||blinking yellow – charging, full yellow – charging completed|
|ABS FR casing (fire retardant)|
|Emergency brake, operates the same way as a car safety belt|
|Strap length up to 88" (2.2 m) tested for 3000 lbs (1363.6 kg)|
|Lifting speed||1.7"/sec (4.3 cm/sec )|
|Batteries||2 x 2.3 Ah will average 2 to 4 hours to a complete charge
or 30 transfers at 176 lbs (80 kg)
|CSA No 601.1, UL No 2601-1 certifications|
|CE marked / ISO 10535|
|Power indicator on charging module|
|100-240 Vac / 50-60 Hz / 27 Va|
|Class 2 insulated|
|ABS fire retardant|
|Santopren tactile buttons / IP44|