Sara Combilizer - Multifunctional early mobilization & ICU rehabilitation aid
A growing body of evidence supports the effectiveness of early mobilization. When utilized, early mobility is associated with reduced ICU and hospital length of stay and improved functional outcomes.
Sara® Combilizer will engage earlier mobilization of ventilated patients previously deemed high risk or inappropriate to mobilize, as well as patient with low attention and level of consciousness, poor trunk stability and hemofiltration lines in the groin.
A review article on early mobilization in the ICU concluded: “A new approach for managing mechanically ventilated patients includes reducing deep sedation and increasing rehabilitation therapy and mobilization soon after admission to the ICU. Research provides preliminary evidence supporting the safety, feasibility and potential benefits of early mobilization in critical care medicine.”1
A standing or sitting position can deliver benefits that are vitally important in an optimized recovery process for a critically ill patient.
Sara Combilizer enables unconscious, sedated or mechanically ventilated patients to be mobilized in different standing or sitting positions for several hours per day.
The innovative design of Sara Combilizer provides a safe and secure platform so that patients can remain standing for the required amount of time to fully maximize early mobilization benefits.
Sara Combilizer provides this benefit in combination with a full range of patient positioning options, making it a comprehensive solution for early mobilization and related rehabilitation exercises.
Features & Benefits
- Powered multifunctional positioning aid for early mobilization
- Hand control operated positioning of patient between standing (75 degrees), sitting and supine position including the option of Trendelenburg positioning
- Height adjustable in stretcher and chair position as well as compact dimensions cater for an ergonomic working posture and good patient interaction
- Easy-to-read inclinometer indicating level of inclination when raising Sara® Combilizer to a standing position
- Sideways tilting in all positions, for rehabilitation purposes.
- Reclining chair position for a comfortable resting position
- Safe Working Load 440 lbs (200kg)
- Designed to integrate to other ArjoHuntleigh lifting, transfer and mobilization products, providing a complete mobilization portfolio for critical care settings
Comfort for the patient
- Foam mattress and pillow with mattress cover in breathable, multidirectional stretch material
- The safety belt system secures the patient in a comfortable way
- Adjustable shoulder supports, foot plate, arm rests and lumbar support
- Designed for alternating patient posture
- Quick-down function for patient emergency situations, enabling the patient to recline to a supine position in seconds, for CardioPulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Built-in pinch protection functions and emergency stops
- Intuitive hand control operation with two additional levels of control redundancy
Easy to clean - designed for the ICU
- Easy to clean surfaces designed to minimize dirt traps
- No Velcro or push buttons
- Minimal use of zippers
- Easy to remove, washable mattress, pillow and arm rest covers
Sara Combilizer is multi-functional tool for mobilization of patients out of bed in the acute care settings, in particular at ICU's.
It allows the patient to be positioned into lying, sitting and standing positions – all of them achievable without having to perform transfers in between. In all these positions Sara Combilizer can be sideways tilted as well, facilitating therapy and making it possible to safely and easily reposition the patient without strain on the caregiver.
- All patient positioning options powered and hand control operated
- Removable NiMH battery, to be charged in a separate charging station
- Inclinometer indicating the level of inclination
- Low friction castors, all with brakes
- Adjustable foot plate with anti-slip properties
- Adjustable arm-rests
- Adjustable lumbar support
- Adjustable and foldable shoulder supports
- Mattress covers in breathable fabric that provides multidirectional stretch
- Designed for easy cleaning and disinfection, with no Velcro or push buttons
Safety and emergency features
- Adjustable safety belt system securing the patient at knee, hip and chest.
- Three level redundant maneuvering controls for safety.
- Manual “Quick-down” emergency lowering option from standing to lying position enabling CPR.
- Built in pinch protection.
- Dual emergency stops and system failure override.
|Max patient length:||196 cm|
|Min patient length:||148 cm|
|Weight of Sara Combilizer:||115 kg (265 lbs)|
|Width (surface, incl. arm supports):||750 mm (29 1/2‘’)|
|Chassis dimensions (incl. castors):||915 x 714 mm (36 x 28 1/8 ‘’)|
|Max length (stretcher):||2045 mm (80 1/2’’)|
|Min length (chair incl. foot plate):||1580 mm (62 1/4’’)|
|Max height (seat surface):||984|
|Max Safe Working Load (SWL):||200kg (440 lbs) mm (33 3/4‘’)|
|Min height (seat surface):||588 mm (23 1/4‘’)|
|Turning radius, stretcher:||2045 mm (80 1/2‘’)|
|Turning radius, chair:||1840 mm (72 3/8‘’)|
|Max elevation, standing:||75°|
|Max sideways tilting:||20°|
|Protection class, Sara Combilizer:||IPX4|
|Protection class, hand control:||IPX6|
|Battery:||NiMH, 2,5Ah, 24 V DC|