Sara Stedy - The enhanced standing and transfer aid
Sara Stedy® is a new enhanced standing aid which builds upon the success of the original Stedy®, a proven mobility-promoting support aid that encourages more mobile patients and residents/patients to stand up independently.
With a number of new enhancements, Sara Stedy helps to minimize manual handling by caregivers in an even wider range of healthcare situations. With an increased inner width, a new seat shape and a new safe working load of 400 lbs (182 kg), Sara Stedy also meets the standing assistance needs of larger residents/patients. Enhanced features include a pivoting divided seat and pedal-operated chassis legs that ensure improved comfort and support, and make working routines easier for caregivers.
A better alternative to a wheelchair
The enhanced standing aid concept has become well established throughout long term care and acute care facilities because it:
- Offers a more suitable and dignified alternative to a wheelchair, for more mobile residents/patients
- Promotes dignity and independence, as optimum participation in activities is possible
- Enables good, reassuring eye contact between resident/patient and caregiver, unlike a wheelchair
- Provides transport to the toilet and sink, and can support other common activities of daily living
Features & Benefits
- The innovative pivoting seat makes it easier for the resident / patient to get into the lift
- The pedal-operated chassis legs can be easily adjusted for optimum access during transfers
- Buit-in seat handgrips integrated into the seat allow the caregiver to easily turn the support aid
- Better and softer knee support provides extra stability and support
- Total-lock castors - new total-lock castors provide complete stability when the aid is stationary
- Smaller castors and redesigned legs mean a lower chassis for better access
- Safe Working Load 401 lbs
- The cross-bar handle allows the resident / patient to support him/herself by pulling rather than pushing when entering the lift. This can reduce the risk of urine leakage
The Sara Stedy™ encourages residents/patients to fully participate in transfers and daily living tasks, thereby improving circulation, breathing, digestion and muscle tone.
The Sara Stedy is a versatile stand and transfer aid that provides mobility-promoting support and encourages more mobile residents/patients to stand up independently. With an increased inner width, a new seat shape and a higher safe working load of 401 lbs, the Sara Stedy can also be used to provide standing assistance for bariatric residents/patients. Enhanced features include a pivoting divided seat and pedal-operated chassis legs, for greater resident/patient comfort and support, and to improve working routines for caregivers.
- Weight 64.82 lbs (29.4 kg)
- Max. safe working 400 lbs (182 kg)
- Total length 32 ¾” (905 mm)
- Total height 41 ½” (1051 mm)
- Height of chassis 4” (100 mm)
- Internal width legs open 28 ¾” (729 mm)
- Low friction castors, the rear two with brakes
- Lifter – Protection class IPX4Approvals
- The product is in compliance with current legislation and applicable product standards
The Sara Stedy encourages residents/patients to fully participate in transfers, thereby improving circulation, breathing, digestion and muscle tone. When visiting the toilet, the resident/patient is encouraged to stand, while supported by Sara Stedy. The Sara Stedy increases the resident’s/patient’s independence and dignity and, when necessary, the caregiver can easily and safely assist the resident/patient in adjusting their clothes.