Vets Access Job Openings
TECHNICIAN: APPLY HERE
Technician will be primarily involved with the installation of various Vets Access and third party products at customer sites. In addition, this individual will be called upon to perform service and repair functions for those various products after the sale and installation. Occasionally, based on available service and installation workload, the technician may perform other duties as assigned in other areas of the business such as evaluation, installation, and distribution. This position requires weekly travel across the United States.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Installation of ceiling track lift systems, aluminum ramps and patient hygiene systems according to company standards and methods.
- Perform service repairs and scheduled maintenance procedure on equipment which may be electronic, mechanical and plumbing in nature.
- Must have the ability to interact directly with owners and staff at hospitals, nursing homes, private residences, group homes, etc. while performing the above functions.
- Assist with technical support requests made to Vets Access by the customers.
- Train the end users of the equipment on the operational aspects of the equipment sold and installed.
- Keep accurate project records for expenses, man hours worked, various required testing, training etc.
- Maintain the company service and installation vehicle in good operating condition and cleanliness.
- Maintain the van inventory in an orderly fashion, at proper levels and account for all items used in the performance of service and installation functions.
- Additional responsibilities as requested or required.
Education and Experience
- Must have basic/better understanding of building construction, mechanical, electrical and plumbing methods.
- Three (3) year of experience in one or more of the above trades required.
- Must have a verified clean driving record.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work on a ladder for extended time periods.
- Must be able to travel with overnight stays for up to several days at a time.
- Must be computer literate.
- Must be able to pass a drug test
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Planning and organizing
- Communication skills
- Team work
- Conflict resolution
- Stress tolerance
Must be able to pass an FBI Background Check